Thursday, August 11, 2011

PTSD in Older Veterans

I’m proud to say my father-in-law was a JAG or Judge Advocate General’s Corps just after WWII. He’s been on my mind as I recently finished a program for the Veteran’s Affair’s Medical Center titled “PTSD in Older Veterans.”

The program, designed for caregivers, takes my breath away. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or “PTSD” can occur among members of the armed services who experience combat, have been exposed to injured or dead comrades, or who have suffered other traumatic experiences.



Although my father-in-law has no symptoms of PTSD, one of the main concerns of the VA is that our Veterans often go years--or decades--before they can admit to the symptoms. They are in great need of our support and understanding.



The series was directed by Bobby Miller, I acted as executive producer. If you’re interested in more from this series, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment