Sunday, July 10, 2011

Persistence


Why didn’t I think of starting a blog sooner?  Perhaps because I’ve been busy making programs for clients, schmoozing Hollywood contacts, and generally working my tail off. Now, here I find myself, with a new opportunity, creating a new creative company to produce onscreen stories and branded entertainment. Blogging here I come!

What to blog about?  In my case the easiest thing to write about is production, because that’s what I do. I’ve been a producer for a long time. Just after college I started producing and directing. (I’m the oldest of five siblings; it came naturally.)

I’ve been lucky over the years. I've produced a reality series for Lifetime titled I Married a Princess.  I've directed the communication efforts of the X PRIZE Foundation. I've documented the grim reality of aging in isolation for the Alexian Brothers Foundation; that show, Aging in the Shadows, garnered an Emmy nomination.

But the key is persistence. A good friend, Robb Weller, says “We’re not in the production business, We’re in the rejection business.” Tenacity is a prerequisite.

Images: Mike Melvill celebrates atop SpaceShipOne on September 29, 2004, having completed the first leg of the Ansari X PRIZE competition. Photo by RenegadeAven.

No comments:

Post a Comment